How can eyelid surgery help me look more awake and refreshed?
The eyes are the window to the face, and aging can cause you to appear and feel tired when the tissues around the eyes sag and droop. Eyelid plastic surgery is focused on treating the areas around the eyes to remove eye puffiness, treat dark circles, and reshape the brow to restore a natural, youthful appearance. This includes:
- Lifting hooded skin that sags on the eyelashes (blepharoplasty)
- Correcting a droopy eyelid (upper eyelid ptosis surgery)
- Lifting heavy brows that push down on the eyelid skin (brow lift)
- Removing under eye bags in the lower eyelid (lower blepharoplasty)
To Request a Consultation or to Receive our Eyelid Surgery Guide, Please Provide Below:
Before & After Cases
*Individual results may vary.
Why choose Dr. Eftekhari for eyelid surgery?
- Stanford, Penn and Oxford-trained eyelid plastic surgeon
- Nationally recognized in the field of eyelid plastic surgery
- Member of the prestigious American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (ASOPRS)
- Experienced academic surgeon, formerly on faculty at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Spent years at UNC-Chapel Hill teaching eyelid surgery
- Mentor to young surgeons as chair of the Young ASOPRS Committee
- Specialized exclusively in surgery around the eyes
- Most common procedures: Eye lift (upper blepharoplasty), under eye bag removal (lower blepharoplasty), brow lift, upper eyelid ptosis surgery
- Customizes a treatment plan for every patient to give a natural, aesthetic result
- Rated 5-stars on Google, HealthGrades, RealSelf
Dr. Eftekhari is an excellent doctor! I would absolutely recommend him to family and friends. He was very thorough in explaining everything and took the time to answer all my questions. His staff is also excellent. It was an all around great experience!
I recently saw Dr Eftekhari for an eye exam after experiencing dryness and irritation. He was very prompt and thorough in his exam. I felt that he really cared about the issue that I was having and provided some good suggestions. I would highly recommend Dr Eftekhari.
I’ve never had a Doctor who came to my aide in such a miraculous manner. Dr. Eftekhari is extremely professional and cares for his patients. His attention to detail ,the preparations he makes to assure the best care, will always be appreciated. I’m so grateful to have been in his care.
Frequently Asked Questions
Take the first step and find out which eyelid surgical treatment option is best for you by requesting an in-person consultation at one of our 3 offices in Salt Lake City, Draper & Park City call (801) 758-7220
The term blepharoplasty is used for both upper and lower eyelids, and in both cases it means improving your natural appearance to make you look less tired, angry or sad. The difference is in which part of your face most contributes to that -- is it the upper eyelids or the under eye bags? Most patients have obvious aging across both eyelids and under their eyes, and they opt for Dr. Eftekhari to work on both upper and lower eyelids at the same time. But some people have most of their visible aging on the lower lids and the area under the eyes. They opt for just lower blepharoplasty. Lower eyelid surgery targets the fat, ligaments and skin below the eyes, rather than just the eyelids.